Environment GK Questions - General Knowledge questions and answers
These questions are useful for any competitive exam like IAS, bank PO, SSC CGL, RAS, CDS, UPSC exams and all state related exams.
Banking, Railways, SSC, UPSC etc. form an important part of General Awareness section in competitive exam
Also, questions related to Environment GK are often asked in the GK section. Therefore, it is very important for all the candidates to have knowledge of the questions related to the Environment GK.
Who is known as the father of Indian environmental science?
Ramdeo Misra (1908–1998) is understood as the Father of ecology in India because he had contributed to the phenomenon within the field of Ecology among his contemporaries in reference to the Indian circumstances.
Environment Quiz Questions and Answers
1) What was the side effect of the use DDT in birds?
Answer: Thinner eggshells.
2) Which rays from the sun is affecting the people who live in the higher altitude areas above the sea level?
Answer: Cosmic rays.
3) The dumping wastes from _____becomes a major threat to the environment and soil in this technological era.
4) The gas which becomes a potential health hazard which is released to the air by the transportation is _____
Answer: Carbon monoxide.
5) _____ is one of the main reason of noise pollution
Answer: Sonic booms produced by aircraft.
6) The gas which has a major role in the Greenhouse Effect is?
Answer: Carbon dioxide.
7) _____are the fertilisers readily soluble in water and quickly available to the plants so that they are given through the water in large quantities.
8) The spiral which explains the effect of wind on the ocean mathematically is?
Answer: Ekman spiral.
9) Which earthworm is considered as the biggest in terms of its size?
Answer: The South African Giant Earthworm.
10) Rain polluted by acid that has been released into the atmosphere from factories and other industrial processes is known as _____
Answer: Acid Rain.